COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES
This is what Sacred Valley Tours is doing for safe travels
We are all happy to travel again and take that dream holiday after a long lockdown. But we would like you to know that your well-being while traveling with us continues to be our priority.
From the very first moment of the pandemic we have established strict operating protocols. We believe following the new rules and existing COVID-19 safety measures can help us to control the COVID-19.
– We’ve implemented new safety protocols to help control COVID on tours operated by us.
– Our tour guides have been trained by medical specialists on this topic which include field protocols.
– We take so seriously the health and hygiene protocols. By instance, we check the cleaning for all high touch surfaces, gear and group equipment.
– We follow the state and territory government COVID-19 Safety Plans. This involves the social distancing measures and health and hygiene principles.
– Safe Travels accreditation from GERCETUR, governmental entity that controls all tour agencies.
Your safety has always been our first concern
Our protocols in place on our tours to operating in Peru
PRE – DEPARTURE
– Pre-departure health affidavit to be completed by all participants with specific COVID-19 questions.
– Our company medical advisor applies the response plan in the event that a participant presents symptoms of coronavirus during a trip.
– Obligatory temperature testing and disinfection before, during and after our service.
– In case the traveler presents COVID-19 symptoms, the medical specialist will proceed with the response plan provided and immediate separation from the group.
– Sacred Valley Tours Company works in conjunction with local medical authorities.
– Our trained personnel will assist the participant to the nearest hospital for COVID test.
– Fortunately, most of our day tours start before everyone else in order to avoid the crowds. This is so easy because we work with small groups limited up to 8 people.
– The small group size that we organize adapts and works out very well with COVID-19 protocols.
– Sacred Valley Tours works with a fleet of vehicles that passed strict safety controls and implemented new protocols against Covid-19.
– The social distancing, use of face masks and face shield is mandatory when travelling in vehicles. Participants should bring their own face mask.
– We do not switch on the air conditioning or close the windows instead we recommend the fresh air ventilation whenever is possible.
– Social distancing protocols on the trail and archaeological sites is obligatory.
– Toilets in visited areas and restaurants are deep cleaned every day.
– Tap water along with hand soap are provided in most bathrooms.
– Travelers must bring their own hand sanitizer.
– We check our personnel health – tour guides and drivers with symptoms will not be working or leading trips.
– In case a participant presents COVID-19 symptoms, our trained guide will exclude it from the group.
COVID-19 UPDATES TO TRAVEL PERU
All airline passengers to Peru ages two years and older must provide a negative COVID-19 viral test taken within three calendar days of travel. Alternatively, travelers must complete the health affidavit upon entering the country.
– The Government of Peru extended the COVID-19 health emergency for another 180 days, from March 7 to September 2, 2021.
– The Peruvian Government announced the extension of the current regional alert levels and movement restrictions to become effective May 10 to May 30, 2021.
– All foreign travelers have to follow all Peruvian lockdown measures.
– The curfew is from 9:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Sunday.
– There is a restriction for all passengers originating in Brazil, the U.K., and South Africa from entering Peru through May 30, 2021.
– Double facemasks and face shield are now required to enter many establishments, including shopping centers, markets, supermarkets, and other crowded places.
– Archaeological sites are open from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. and from Monday to Saturday.